Sailing Yacht Spirit of Lusitania;
measures 57 ft, (17,80 m) is cutter rigged and has a central cockpit. She was designed by Bruce Farr and built by Beneteau shipyards, in France, in 2006.
Her first owner bought her in that same year and brought her to Lagos in the Algarve, where she has had her summer home base ever since.
In 2015 she was sold to a new owner and went through several upgrades conducted by Augusto, our Captain and boat manager.
Some refits done in 2016 are; a new teak deck, new rigging, new upholstery inside and outside, new navigation instruments, and safety systems. Before the summer of 2017, she was equipped with a full set of new sails, including a symmetrical and an asymmetrical spinnaker.
Augusto’s slogan is “Safety first, and always afloat”.
Everything has been done to guarantee the safety of the boat and its passengers.
We are equipped with up-to-date satellite navigation, and radio communication systems. A man-over-board system, and a 10 person life raft.
All the cabins are equipped with their own fire extinguisher, and we installed a smoke alarm in the galley.
She is an extremely comfortable, safe and fast yacht to sail, and has sailed many seas of the world in the 12 years of her life. From the Greek waters to the Caribbean islands.
Accommodation and amenities:
- 3 double cabins; one master cabin ensuite, two double guests cabins with their own toilet and washbasin, and a shared shower cabin.
- 3 separate showers with hot and cold water.
- 4 toilets, with washbasins; three with an electric and one with a hand flush system (in case the electricity fails…).
- Per guest, we provide a double set of bed linen, bath, and hand towels. One beach towel each.
- Small cabin with a bunk bed.
- Large table with sofa and two chairs for 6/8 persons.
- Two seater sofa.
- Air Conditioning system, *usage on request.
- Smart Tv.
- Wifi router, * internet usage on request.
- Various board and card games.
- Chart table corner with all the navigation and communication systems.
- Bar and ice maker.
- Fully equipped kitchen with juicer, blender, toaster, cocktail shakers etc.
- Gas stove with oven.
- Double sink with fresh and salt water.
- Bread machine.
- Coffee machine.
- Watermaker/ desalinator
- Iron and small ironing board.
- Large spray hood with bimini top and cushions around the cockpit
- Large cockpit table with fridge for drinks.
- Music speakers in the cockpit.
- Large aft deck for sunbathing.
- Bathing platform with swim stairs, outside hot and cold water shower.
- Fresh and saltwater pump.
- Davits system with the dinghy.
- Dinghy with a 6 hp outboard engine.
- Snorkelling gear for 4 persons.
- 2 x large beanbags.
- 2 x inflatable paddle boards.
- Fishing rod for trawling.